ARNPRIOR & DISTRICT FAMILY HEALTH TEAM
|Job Title / Position:||Nurse Practitioner (maternity leave contract – 15 months)|
|Position Closing Date:||TBD|
|Time Commitment:||Full time|
Job Posting: Nurse Practitioner (NP) – Arnprior & District Family Health Team
Full Time, 15 Month Term Coverage for Maternity Leave
The Arnprior and District Family Health Team (ADFHT) is seeking to fill the position of a full-time
Nurse Practitioner, for a 15 month contract to be a part of our interdisciplinary team of health care providers. This position is a maternity leave contract with the possibility of extension.
Candidates must have excellent clinical skills, and expertise in program planning and delivery.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will play an integral role in the care of patients. The role of the NP in the ADFHT requires a thorough knowledge of primary care nursing within the scope of the RN
(EC) class and the ability to function effectively in a team environment with physicians, other interdisciplinary health professionals and administrative staff. The NP will also contribute to the development and delivery of chronic disease management and health promotion/education programs within the ADFHT.
This important role requires an individual who is well organized, can take initiative, and is a team player. Ideally will have clinical experience in a primary care setting.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Qualifications and Requirements
• Individual patient assessment and treatment – health assessment, immunization, ordering laboratory-screening tests, diagnosis, treating illness and follow up, health promotion and disease prevention counseling
• Coordinate appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures as per RN (EC) scope of practice, and/or in consultation with family physicians or in accordance with medical directives.
• Participate as a clinical team member in the development and delivery of targeted programs including but not limited to cancer screening, case management, chronic disease including COPD and obesity, mental health and addictions, reproductive and child health
• Collection of data as required for statistical/reporting purposes
• Provide timely and informative reports as directed and requested by the Executive
Director and/or Physician Lead
• Observe, collect, and record patient data in Electronic Medical Record
• Assist in the training and supervision of students and/or volunteers as requested by the
Executive Director and/or Physician Lead
• Ability to work flexible hours as some evening hours may be required (at this point the
ADFHT is not offering evening hours)
RN (EC) and a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner certificate.
• In good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Master’s degree in nursing or field related to the role performance (i.e. Education,
Health Administration, etc) from a recognized university is preferred
• Basic CPR certification required
• Experience in chronic disease management is preferred
• 5 years nursing experience in diverse roles, community health and previous NP experience an asset
• Current Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Job Application Methods
By email to Administration@arnpriorfht.ca