Barrie Area Native Advisory Circle
|Job Title / Position:||Nurse Practitioner|
|City:||Regional -North Simcoe Muskoka|
|Position Closing Date:||Until Filled|
|Time Commitment:||Part Time|
Mamaway Wiidokdaadwin is a regulated interprofessional Care Team providing traditional healing, primary care, mental health & addiction services and health promotion to Indigenous community members in the North Simcoe Muskoka region. The Mamaway Team is currently seeking a a Nurse Practitioner to lead the Mobile Withdrawal Management Service [WMS Where I Live Loved (WILL)]. WMS WILL is a new mobile withdrawal management and stabilization service that supports people living in the community who want to detox from a substance they are using. The service is a collaborative effort between Mamaway Wiidokdaadwin, CMHA Muskoka Parry Sound, and CMHA Simcoe County. This position will report directly to the Executive Director for Mamaway Wiidokdaadwin. The Nurse Practitioner will support clients in home and community settings throughout the North Simcoe Muskoka region.
Working to the full scope of practice of the RN(EC) the Nurse Practitioner will use a biopsychosocialspiritual (BPSS) approach ‘to see and to care’ for the whole person and to recognize the impact that all aspects of our lives and experience have on health and wellbeing.. Applicants are asked to highlight any relevant experience.
This is .8 FTE
All employees of BANAC are required to submit a clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector upon hire and confirm compliance every year thereafter. All employees are to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), its regulations and all occupational health and safety policies and procedures. Due to the requirements of this position, a Valid Ontario Driver’s License and valid insurance is required. Valid CPR and AED Certificates are required. Due to the nature of this position, evening work, weekend work and flexible hours may be required.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class [RN(EC)] and with a specialty certificate in either Adult or Primary Health Care required
• Current membership with Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) and Nurse Practitioner’s Association of Ontario (NPAO); Currently have professional liability protection
• Certified to prescribe controlled substances
• Able to work autonomously
• Current CNA Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Certification is an asset
• Current BCLS Certificate Required
• Recent clinical experience (within the last 2 years) in a mental health and/or addiction setting. Experience with withdrawal management services is an asset
• Willingness to consult with Addiction Specialist or membership with a community of practice group (e.g. Meta-phi)
Job Application Methods
Please send cover letter, resume, and three (3) reference names
to: Email: email@example.com
ATTENTION: HIRING COMMITTEE