- This event has passed.
COPD Inhaler Device Landscape
October 20, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Presenter: Adam Hambly RRT, CRE
Learning Objectives :
1.Identify patients at risk of COPD
2. Identify patients who may have undiagnosed COPD and would benefit from initiation of pharmacotherapy
3. Assess whether a patient with COPD is being optimally managed
4. Assess whether a patient is using the most appropriate inhaler device/delivery system
5. Promote non-pharmacological COPD management strategies
6. Utilize clinical services to aid COPD medication and device management
Adam Hambly, RRT, CRE, has been a community Respiratory Therapist for nearly 10 years and obtained his Certified Respiratory Educators certification in 2013. He has extensive experience in providing respiratory care in a primary care setting, specifically with spirometry, inhaler teaching and COPD management. Adam ascribes his enthusiasm to educate and support others to this long-standing relationship with the Lung Health Foundation and its’ medical societies. He’s currently the Eastern Ontario Chair for the Ontario Respiratory Care Society planning committee, and a member of the South East Lung Health Network. Adam is currently in a regional role supporting lung health in the counties of Hastings and Prince Edward. When he’s not advocating for lung health, you can find him cycling and kayaking in Prince Edward County.
The use of and/or reliance on the NPAO Events Page shall hold harmless the NPAO and its employees, from any claim related to such use. Persons requesting posting on, using, or attending events posted on the NPAO Events Page shall hold harmless the NPAO Events Page and its employees from any claim that the content is not applicable. To view our full disclaimer, please click here.