- This event has passed.
Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy Webinar
October 11 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Psychedelic-assisted therapy is being increasingly recognized as a potentially promising treatment for a variety of mental health conditions and substance use disorders. Learn about the historical context, proposed mechanisms of action, growing evidence base, and how to support patients interested in learning more about this rapidly evolving field.
1. Briefly describe the history of psychedelics in medicine and psychiatry
2. Review basic mechanisms of action of the main classes of psychedelic substances
3. Summarize the current state of evidence regarding psychedelic-assisted therapy for a variety of clinical indications
4. Understand how a psychedelic-assisted therapy session is practically carried out
5. Discuss future directions for research and how to counsel patients interested in learning more
Speaker: Nikhita Singhal, MDNikhita Singhal is a senior psychiatry resident at the University of Toronto who completed her undergraduate degree and medical training at McMaster University. She has collaborated on research exploring the relationship between psychedelics and suicidality, is a participant in TheraPsil’s psilocybin-assisted therapy training program, and completed the Michener Institute of Education at UHN’s inaugural Foundations of Psychedelic Psychotherapy course. In addition to psychedelic-assisted therapy, her clinical interests include working with youth, substance use disorders, and eating disorders.
To register click link
The use of and/or reliance on the NPAO Events Page shall hold harmless the NPAO and its employees, from any claim related to such use. Persons requesting posting on, using, or attending events posted on the NPAO Events Page shall hold harmless the NPAO Events Page and its employees from any claim that the content is not applicable. To view our full disclaimer, please click here.
Interested in having your posting listed on the NPAO Events Page? Submit your opportunity to the events calendar!