Carecor Health Services Ltd.
|Job Title / Position:||Nurse Practitioner Locums x 3, 1 is Remote|
|Position Closing Date:||until filled|
|Time Commitment:||Full time|
Title: Nurse Practitioner Locums x 3, 1 is Remote
Carecor Health Services is a first-choice healthcare staffing provider, holding contracts with hospital sites throughout Ontario. For four decades we focus on professionalism and respect for our healthcare providers and clients alike, landing “Exemplary Standing” from Accreditation Canada.
Our Client Organization:
Established decades ago, our Client is a registered, charitable organization that provides integrated, accessible, and equitable community-based primary care, wellness services, and health education to the community members who face multiple barriers to their health and well-being.
Our Client also provides equity-based programs and services that focus on priority populations such as Indigenous, Black, the 2SLGBTQI Community, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, and patients without a family doctors.
The work environment is a team-based interprofessional group of staff including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, counselors, dietitians, outreach workers, medical secretaries, and other administrative staff. We always place every client at the centre of our approach to care, based on their needs. We address these needs through integrated clinical and wellness care and health education.
Clinic Hours: The hours are planned for Monday to Friday during business hours and typically 8am to 4pm; no late nights and no weekends, but with a small chance of one shift each week from 12 to 8pm on a consistent day each week.
Two Full-Time could be at Clinics in Pickering, Oshawa or our client’s Mobile Unit that keeps within Durham region; always free parking and some location flexibility will be appreciated, but booked well in advance.
One Part-Time NP may work 100% REMOTE within Ontario on Weekday afternoons.
Working within the High Priority Communities (HPC) Team, the NP will provide comprehensive, client-centered primary health care that emphasizes accessibility, health promotion, illness prevention, and continuity of care for clients residing in High Priority neighbourhoods through a mobile community-based model.
The Clinical NP will provide primary care assessments related to screening, prevention, treatment and referrals to community programs. The NP with support from the HPC Team will activate clinical pathways, referring clients to our additional services and connecting them with community-based and specialty services as indicated.
The Clinical NP will be an effective, collaborative member of the HPCC Team providing clinical services to equity-deserving members of our community (ex. Racialized, Newcomers, Seniors, those living in poverty). The NP will demonstrate advocacy and leadership skills to champion and support goals that align with and achieve our client’s Strategy, Vision, Mission and Values, internally and externally, in the context of safe and ethical NP practice.
• Within a community mobile outreach model, perform clinical assessments, and therapeutic interventions within full scope of practice to address the biopsychosocial needs of clients, including those with multiple comorbid health conditions, mental health diagnoses and/or concurrent disorders involving substance use/abuse, recognizing the importance of social determinants and associated health risks
• Actively participate within a model of care which includes our other clinical services and health promotion staff as well as consultation and collaboration with external providers and partners
• Provide leadership by promoting a proactive and supportive team environment, contributing substantively to the development, implementation, and evaluation of an emerging program and related structures and processes of care
• Contribute to activities related to the development, implementation, and evaluation of medical directives, policies and procedures, and best-practice guidelines
• Complete timely and accurate medical records of client encounters, documentation and third-party correspondence using our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
• Ensure client care and caseload is managed to achieve the goals of our Multi-Sector Service Accountability Agreement (MSAA) indicator targets with Ontario Health
• Participate in chart reviews, development, and implementation of Quality Improvement Plans (QIP) and accreditation activities
• May be required to conduct home visits with clients
• Participate in client care through a community mobile clinic
• May provide clinical supervision and training for NP students and orientees
• On-call coverage as required
• Participation in mandatory education and training as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
For the temp employment option, the pay is $70 to $80/hr + vacation pay + paid stat holidays; whereas for incorporated Nurse Practitioners the compensation is $82 to $94/hour. If your rate is above these levels we may be flexible, but the current plan is the rates above. For those who start with employment and incorporate their nursing business later, a $10.00 per hour raise in the hourly rate is granted. In both cases, Carecor pays with direct deposit on a weekly basis.
Need More Information?
For more detailed information regarding this opportunity or to request more details or to express your interest without making a full application, contact our search services leader at:
• Nursing Degree – completion of a Master’s degree in Nursing
• Completion of a recognized primary care NP program
• Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as RN (Extended Class)
• Must hold a Prescribing Narcotics and Controlled Substances certificate from a CNO-approved training program
• Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario (NPAO) or Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) membership is an asset
• Minimum of two years’ experience working as a primary care NP with clients having complex needs
• Experience working in a CHC setting or other community health practice with experience in community outreach and establishing community partnerships an asset
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills, organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively and respectfully in a collaborative, inter-professional team environment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients in a non-judgmental manner that can be effectively understood – includes active listening skills to understand client needs and coaching of clients as collaborative partners in their health care
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage crises in a professional manner
• Demonstrated report-writing skills for a clinical setting
• Superior communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
• Basic CPR certification
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word)
• Demonstrated competency in facilitating client group activities
• Valid current vulnerable sector police check – required upon hiring
• Flexibility to work from any of Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering or as part of a Mobile Unit Team will be appeciated, with all shifts clearly booked well in advance
• Valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle, is an asset
• Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position, however we will adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground
Job Application Methods
Contact Carecor’s Director of Search Services, Ron Beck