Coordinator, Communications and Membership Support
Array ( ) 1
Reporting to the Executive Director, NPAO’s Coordinator of Communications and Membership Support is a new role for the organization, with a goal to increase awareness of Nurse Practitioners and NPAO activities. Working with the NPAO staff team in a virtual environment, this role will be pivotal in elevating NPAO’s voice and adding a professional approach to the communications and marketing activities of the organization and supporting the needs of the members. This individual has design, website, social media and digital marketing experience/knowledge, as well as excellent writing and editorial skills that aligns with best practices in today’s communication environment. They also possess effective organizational skills to coordinate multiple and competing projects and initiatives.
Communications and Marketing
- Works collaboratively with the NPAO team to create and distribute high-quality communications content, including social media posts, press and media releases, website content, newsletters, promotional materials, e-blasts, and annual reports
- Provides graphic design services for various assets, such as, but not limited to, websites, social media, newsletters, certificates and awards, and marketing materials
- Supports development of the NP brand and related collateral
- Coordinates the production of the weekly Newsletters and targeted member communications
- Develops engaging social media strategies, plans and content (graphics, text and video) to increase NPAO’s online presence and engagement
- Support the development and manage the content management plan
- Monitors and updates NPAO’s social media accounts
- Maintains and updates NPAO’s website
- Coordinates media outreach and media releases
- Creates quarterly communication metrics report and recommendations for improvement
- Provides core administrative communication services (e.g. documenting procedures, developing templates, managing artwork/brand/project files, disseminating communications and materials, overseeing collateral inventory tracking, etc.)
- Conducts research in support of communications activities/initiatives, as needed
- Stays aware of new and best practices in communications, to develop and propose new ideas
- Ensures all communication components align with NPAO’s mission, vision, values, enhancing public image, and adhering to branding standards
Events and Awards
- Supports the communication and marketing needs for NPAO events.
- Duties may include the design, production, and delivery of such items as the conference website and app, sponsor recognition, signage, collateral materials, presentations, awards/certificates, speaker notes, etc.
- Works collaboratively with the Continuing Education Manager and Manager of Administration and Operations to create and implement communication plans for various NPAO activities (e.g. awards program, etc.)
- Support front line response to member queries
- Work with member database to support member segments and their communication needs
- Supports the creation of member recruitment campaigns and retention efforts
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and background:
- Degree or Diploma in Communications, Web Development, Multimedia, Public Relations, Digital Marketing or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of communications policies, procedures, and practices.
- Strong writing and editing skills (with a focus on quality, speed, and accuracy)
- Strong design sense; proficiency in Canva or other design software is an asset
- Experience monitoring and updating websites using WordPress
- Experience using social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Meltwater, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and Basecamp, an asset
- Creative, open, and collaborative approach to implementing projects, as well as the ability to work independently
- Be a valued team member and contribute to a positive and productive work environment
- NPAO is a virtual organization. This position works remotely from home.
- Requires appropriate equipment and internet access.
- Flexibility on work hours (evenings and weekend) may be required.
NPAO offers a competitive compensation package. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line of : Coordinator, Communications and Member Support Position by end of day on June 30th, 2021 .
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please .