NPAO 2020 Virtual Annual Conference – Policies and Information
Welcome to the NPAO 2020 Virtual Annual Conference
Join us September 24 – 25, 2020 for our 2020 NPAO Annual Conference Professional Power: Empowering Nurse Practitioners in 2020 and Beyond. NPAO will be holding this conference in a virtual format. This year’s Annual Conference will be sure to provide you with evidence-based educational sessions, workshops, and skill-building forums.
We understand that many Primary Care Providers are feeling professionally isolated, and wish to maintain and enhance their knowledge and skills. This year’s conference is the ideal setting for NPs to gather together in a virtual environment and hear current updates in clinical practice that can improve the delivery of health care for patients in Ontario. Our virtual conference platform is a way for NPs to stay connected during this unprecedented time.
On Thursday September 24, be sure to take advantage of the practical pre-conference workshops!
The selection of topics are suitable for Primary Health Care, Adult, Pediatric based NPs, and students. This year we’re offering some new and exciting topics including:
- Professional Development workshop. Morning geared to Novice and Student NPs. Afternoon is created with the experienced NP in mind
- CT/MRI Indications for the head, spine, MSK including chest x-ray interpretation
Be sure to register early to lock in your spot— these workshops almost always sell out!
Key highlights of the conference program:
- How to start an Independent NP Practice in Ontario
- Caregiver Psychological Considerations with Dr. Rima Styra
- Considerations for NPs Providing Virtual Care with Chantal Leonard, CNPS
- Love in the Time of COVID-19: A Trauma-Informed Approach with Mary Coughlin
- Emerging Vaccines and a COVID update with Dr. Angel Chu
Make plans now to attend NPAO’s 2020 Virtual Annual Conference – this is one conference you won’t want to miss!
You must register and pay the registration fee in order to attend this conference.
Registration fees must be paid by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) in full at time of registration. All fees are subject to 13% HST.
Upon completion of the online registration process, you will receive an automatic email and confirmation of your registration.
CANCELLATIONS / SUBSTITUTIONS
Requests to cancel a registration must be sent in writing to Vanessa Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org and is subject to a $25 administrative fee if received by Wednesday, August 21, 2020. Refunds will not be issued after August 21, 2020, or for conference “no-shows”.
Substitutions can be made without penalty until Friday, September 4, 2020. As of September 5, 2020, requests for substitutions must be sent in writing to Vanessa Mooney at email@example.com and will be subject to a $25 administration fee.
DELEGATE REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
- Access to industry-sponsored symposia
- All recordings of sessions (exception is the Thursday pre-conference workshops which require an additional fee and the CNPS Plenary session)
PHOTO AND VIDEO REPRODUCTION
By registering for the Conference, you hereby acknowledge and agree that NPAO will record this this event, as well as use the recordings for future without further notification or any compensation to you.
You acknowledge and agree to waive any right to inspect or approve any future educational and promotional activities/materials recordings of you.
You acknowledge that by attending sponsored sessions, you give consent for NPAO to share your contact information with these vendors.