NPAO 2022 Annual Conference – Policies and Information
Welcome to the NPAO 2022 Annual Conference
On behalf of the Nurse Practitioners’ Association of Ontario (NPAO) and the 2022 Conference Planning Committee, we look forward to welcoming you to Toronto, Ontario on September 22 & 23 at the Sheraton Centre Hotel, 123 Queen Street West.
This years’ Conference theme is The NP Experience: Pushing Boundaries Towards Common Goals. This professional conference for NPs offers a blend of clinical and professional content. This is the largest professional conference that brings NPs together to have meaningful dialogue about issues of critical importance to NP practice across a wide range of specialties and practice settings.
On September 22 & 23, a selection of interactive sessions with hands on learning experiences, sponsored symposia, as well as plenary and concurrent sessions are offered. Plan to visit the Exhibit Hall on Friday, where you can explore exhibits, find meals and refreshments and network with fellow delegates.
You will not want to miss the Friday Awards celebration and connect with colleagues and celebrate accomplishments of NPs!
On Thursday afternoon attend the NPAO Annual General Meeting (open to all NPAO members , whether attending the conference or not). The board will report on work they have done on behalf of NPAO members this past year. The AGM also provides an opportunity for NPAO members to voice opinions, ask questions and interact with the board of directors who work tirelessly on your behalf. Following the AGM will be Community of Practice sessions where you can share and support your fellow colleagues with the similar interests and practice areas.
Enjoy the conference, network with colleagues, and have fun celebrating The NP Experience: Pushing Boundaries Towards Common Goals.
Be sure to register early to lock in your spot!
The NPAO 2022 Annual Conference Program is now available. Please download it below:
Registration fees must be paid by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) in full at time of registration. All fees are subject to 13% HST.
CANCELLATIONS / SUBSTITUTIONS
Requests to cancel a registration must be sent in writing to Vanessa Mooney at email@example.com and is subject to a $50 administrative fee if received by Wednesday, September 7, 2022. Refunds will not be issued after this date, or for conference “no-shows”.
Substitutions can be made without penalty until Friday, September 16, 2022 by returning to your online registration profile (Ref # is required), requests for substitutions must be sent in writing to Vanessa Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be subject to a $50 administration fee.
DELEGATE REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
- Access to all sessions and Exhibit Hall
- Access to industry-sponsored symposia
- Conference program
Upon completion of the online registration process, you will receive an automatic email confirmation of your registration.
The email will contain your personal reference number (Ref#) which will allow you access to your registration profile to update contact information, to add a session selection or make a substitution. To change or cancel a session or symposium selection, contact email@example.com
CONFERENCE CONCURRENT SESSIONS & SYMPOSIA
Registration for each concurrent sessions and symposium is required and is on a first come, first served basis. Only those registered will be permitted entrance. There is limited space in each session.
When indicating which breakfast/ dinner symposium you will attend, please do so in consideration of our
generous symposia sponsors who rely on registration estimates to order meals. You may cancel attendance at a symposium until Friday, September 9, 2022 without penalty after this date. There will be an administrative fee of $50.00.
PHOTO AND VIDEO REPRODUCTION
By registering for the Conference, you hereby acknowledge and agree that NPAO will record this this event, as well as use the recordings for future without further notification or any compensation to you.
You acknowledge and agree to waive any right to inspect or approve any future educational and promotional activities/materials recordings of you.
You acknowledge that by attending sponsored sessions, you give consent for NPAO to share your contact information with these vendors.
FACE COVER POLICY
In accordance with Ontario laws, masks must be worn inside at all times, even if fully vaccinated.
CONTRACT TRACING & HEALTH SCREENING
The Province of Ontario Bylaws require contact tracing and screening of active COVID-19 symptoms for all meeting attendees.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
- A hotel associate will be stationed at the entrance to the event space to validate COVID-19 vaccination status and photo ID of all attendees
- Should an individual refuse to provide their vaccination status or identification, they will be refused entry with the exception of a government approved exemption
Accepted photo ID:
- Driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Government identification card (e.g. health card)
- Citizenship card
- Permanent Resident card
- Indian Status Card or Indigenous Membership Card
- Record all names and contact information of event attendees
- QR Code for contact tracing & COVID-19 symptom screening will be provided in advance and be placed at the entrance of large meeting rooms
- Small meetings (less than 20) will be provided with a form at the entrance of each meeting room to screen for COVID-19 symptoms and contact tracing
- Provincial guidelines stipulate we maintain these records for 30 days to provide to Toronto Public Health upon request
- If guest is in meeting for more than one day, they will be provided with a wrist band
ASSOCIATES AND CONTRACTORS
- Daily health screening for associates & vendors through our Security and Loss Prevention Department on the Concourse Level
- Associates and contractors must wear a face mask at all times
- Screening is required for all workers, contractors, repair workers, delivery workers, students, volunteers, inspectors or others who are entering the business or organization for work purposes and not as patrons (Includes Site visits, DJ’s, Decorators, Encore etc.)