London InterCommunity Health Centre
|Job Title / Position:||Nurse Practitioner, Health Outreach|
|Position Closing Date:||June 20, 2023|
|Time Commitment:||Part Time|
NURSE PRACTITIONER HEALTH OUTREACH – 0.8 FTE (30 hours per week)
The Nurse Practitioner works as a member of an interdisciplinary care team of Physicians and Nurses. The clinical team, in turn, is supported by Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Dietitians, Outreach Workers, Community Developers and support staff specializing in the areas of Mental Health, Youth & Families, Newcomers & Ethno-cultural Communities, Poverty & Homelessness, and Diabetes & Chronic Diseases. In wrapping services around the client, the Nurse Practitioner will be required to provide clinical support and expertise to other program areas within the Health Centre.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
– A competitive salary; no weekends, no rotating shifts
– A Psychologically Safe and Inclusive Workplace
– 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
– Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
– Paid sick and emergency time
– Paid Vacation starting at 3 weeks and increasing to 6 weeks
– Paid time to promote physical and mental well-being
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. We’ve established initiatives such as the Safer Opioid Supply Program and the Health Outreach Mobile Engagement Program.
Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community.
Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the Health Centre and explore our web presence by visiting us online at http://www.lihc.on.ca, following us on Twitter @HealthCentre or liking us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre
– Post secondary diploma (RN) or degree (BScN) from a recognized college or university
– Bachelor or Masters of Science in Nursing from a recognized university
– Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
– Registered Nurse in the Extended Class in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses
– Minimum of two years primary care experience, preferably in a community health setting
– Awareness and understanding of the social determinants of health
– Commitment to the underlying principles of harm reduction
– Ability to provide care to participants of the Safer Opioid Supply Program, including prescribing of safer supply medications
– Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds with an inclusive and anti-oppressive lens
– Methadone/suboxone/sublocade certification or willingness to certify within 1 year of hire
– Experience with Electronic Medical Records (Telus Practice Solutions Suite currently in use)
– French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
Job Application Methods
APPLY NOW at https://lihc.on.ca/employment/
Submissions will be accepted until end of day June 20, 2023.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Due to the vulnerability of our client populations, it is a condition of employment that the successful candidate submit a Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance to Human Resources.