Benefits of Membership
NPAO is separately incorporated as not-for-profit organization and is widely respected and recognized as the professional voice of NPs in Ontario. We are the largest association representing NPs in the country and our leadership is sought nationally. NPAO is the only NP-Led professional association that speaks on behalf of and advocates for ALL NPs in Ontario.
As an NPAO member, you are investing in:
- Continuous advocacy and support of the NP role – membership fees have provided funding to enable NPAO to advocate for removal of barriers to NP practice, such as referral to specialists and controlled drugs and substances; lobby for increases to NP compensation and strengthen the NP voice in Ontario.
- Continuing Education and monthly webinars – members have access to monthly webinars covering hot topics in healthcare and NP practice, as well as clinical guidelines, toolkits, participation in communities of practice, etc.
- Discount at NPAO conference and events – NPAO members also attend the NPAO annual conference for a discounted price. NPAO Annual Conference is the biggest NP conference in Canada.
- Participation in Communities of Practice
- Job Postings and Networking opportunities with other NPs
- You may also wish to purchase LA4NPs™(Legal Assistance for Nurse Practitioners™). For an additional $100.00 plus applicable tax you are able to access up to a maximum of $10,000.00 per annum for legal assistance related to wrongful dismissals, college complaints and/or procedures, or WSIB appeals (if the claim commenced after the start of your participation in LA4NPs)