|Job Title / Position:||Nurse Practitioner – Mental Health|
|Position Closing Date:||until filled|
|Time Commitment:||Full time|
The Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) is a self-directed advance practice prepared nurse who functions in an expanded nursing role within a collaborative inter-professional practice model. The RN-EC holds a Master’s degree in Nursing with expertise in one or more clinical nursing specialties. The RN-EC demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge base in patient care across the continuum, exhibiting a high degree of clinical competence in caring for a select patient population within the community hospital setting.
The RN-EC scope of practice incorporates the knowledge, skills and judgment legislated by the College of Nurses of Ontario and required by role. The RN-EC provides comprehensive patient care to appropriately manage illness along with health promotion and disease prevention.
• The RN-EC is responsible for working collaboratively within the inter-professional team in order to develop, implement, and evaluate patient plans of care. The RN-EC uses advanced knowledge, skill, and judgment when providing care and works to identify solutions for complex health-care issues for patients within the Mental Health Program,
• The RN-EC utilizes a holistic approach that is grounded in evidence with an emphasis on health promotion and illness/injury prevention,
• The RN-EC functions in an expanded role demonstrating a high level of autonomy and is responsible for: conducting comprehensive client assessments, generating diagnoses, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmaceuticals and performing specific procedures within the RN-EC legislated scope of practice,
• Working in collaboration with the inter-professional team the RN-EC will ensure a timely response to a client’s changing health status and needs and provide direct patient care focusing on health promotion and maximizing client safety and function,
• In addition to direct clinical care, the RN-EC plays a leading role in the development and implementation of applicable clinical guidelines and protocols, promotes the use of research and evidence based practice, provides expert support and consultation, and facilitates system change. The RN-EC is committed to lifelong learning and is dedicated to promoting, leading and contributing to the learning of others,
• This position is based within the Mental Health Program with a primary focus on supporting patients in a collaborative consultative team model. This position may also respond to other areas of QHC to support patients experiencing a mental health concern,
• Working collaboratively with the Department of Psychiatry and across the health care system, the NP provides expert direct clinical care and leadership to support seamless, integrated care delivery, and
• The NP is also responsible for education, knowledge transfer, and best practice implementation, mentorship and professional development, through coaching inter-professional teams involved in the circle of care.
We are looking for a strong team player who demonstrates sound communication skills, champions person and family centred-care, actively participates in advocacy for an often vulnerable population as well as their caregivers.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing required,
• Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class, NP adult preferred, or a combination of Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate and previous relevant experience,
• Current BLS certificate required,
• Able to prescribe controlled substances as authorized by CNO,
• Demonstrated leadership skills within the inter-professional care team,
• Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and to assess situations and problems efficiently and effectively,
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Quinte Health Care core values,
• Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills,
• Excellent assessment, planning, organizational, problem solving, communication, teaching, time management and evaluation skills,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with patients, families, and all members of the inter-professional team,
• Accomplished change agent,
• Enhanced patient-centered care practices,
• Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and function effectively in an interdisciplinary setting,
• Demonstrated ability for independent action, initiative, problem-solving, organization & prioritization,
• Able to work in an active, rapidly changing environment with multiple demands,
• Demonstrates understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures, to ensure a healthy and safe work environment,
• Hours of work to be determined, and
• Position may include weekends and cross-coverage in additional clinical programs as needed.
• Certification in Mental Health preferred or willingness to complete with 2-years,
• Relevant professional and specialty organization membership(s) (e.g. RNAO), and
• Registered with NPAO.
Job Application Methods
Apply online: https://qhc.njoyn.com/cl4/xweb/XWeb.asp?tbtoken=YFheRh1cSlU4awF0NldXFlBUcGBYdExYLiUuQC4kXlYkTikOB2VFK0BpK0Juc2R0AzJTGVtVT3RlWDpQ&chk=ZVpaShI=&clid=76411&Page=JobDetails&Jobid=J0123-1493&BRID=309196&lang=1