Palliative Care Facilitated Access
An NP who wishes to be added to the PCFA prescriber list must:
- Hold current certification in the extended class [RN(EC)] with CNO;
- Be authorized to prescribe controlled drugs and substances;
- Have no restrictions on the NP certification that impact ability to practice; and
- Provide evidence of continuing education in palliative and end-of-life care.
Additionally, an NP must also meet one of the below requirements:
- Provide 20 or more palliative care consults or assessments within a year
- Provide 30 – 50 or more palliative care visits within a year
- Have been identified by the NP’s employer as an NP provider of palliative care
- Work in collaboration with a Palliative Care Physician or PCFA approved NP.