Scattergram Counselling & Consulting
|Job Title / Position:||Nurse Practitioner – ADHD/Mental Health|
|City:||Toronto, ON (Virtual)|
|Position Closing Date:||Ongoing|
|Time Commitment:||Part Time|
Scattergram Counselling & Consulting is a virtual, interdisciplinary, group therapy and mental wellness practice at the forefront of transforming care for neurodivergent people across Ontario, through neurodiversity-affirming service delivery, program and resource development, training, and dissemination of knowledge.
Scattergram is looking for an experienced Nurse Practitioner who can assess and diagnose ADHD (and related/overlapping conditions), prescribe medication, and provide counselling for children, youth, and/or adults. You will be a good fit with our team if you want to:
– be at the forefront of neurodiversity-affirming care in Canada
– be trained in our trademarked A.C.C.E.P.T.™ neurodiversity-affirming treatment model, with ongoing group/peer supervision
– have opportunities for continuous learning, program development, writing, publishing, and public speaking
– have your own identity as neurodivergent/ neurodivergent-affirming, and its intersections with race, culture, religion, sex and gender identity, and other dis/ abilities, affirmed
– work as an independent contractor with control over your fees and schedule (minimum 5 hours per week)
– Registered Nurse Extended Class (Nurse Practitioner) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
– Extended class specialty certificate in Mental Health/Psychiatry would be an asset.
– Mandatory Liability Insurance that meets CNO requirements for NPs ($5M coverage).
– Successful completion of a CNO-approved course to legally enable prescribing of controlled substances.
– Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience as a Nurse Practitioner and two years assessing and treating ADHD, preferred.
– Knowledge of counselling theory and techniques for recognizing and treating neurodevelopmental conditions
– Full knowledge of the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice including limitations on practice scope
– Strong clinical assessment skills in mental health and ability to assess individual health issues, develop a plan of care, and/or refer forward for more specialized care
– Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation and commitment to the principles of the CNO Code of Conduct.
– Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
– Strong team and network building skills, able to create effective working relationships and partnerships.