|Job Title / Position:||Nurse Practitioner|
|Time Commitment:||Full time|
Shalom Village is truly a Village, one which has both accommodations and day experiences for seniors in Hamilton. Designed for seniors it helps people who need to move closer to care to still live life on their own terms A.T.H.O.M,E @ Shalom .
The NP on our team will be an exceptional asset to our multifaceted teams and those who call us home to be at their very best. The NP will bring the wisdom of their professional designation, the knowledge of the standards and expectations of the Regulated Health Professions Act, Gerontological Nurses Association (GNA) Standards, The Long Term Care Homes Act, the Practice Standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario and the standards and expectations of Shalom Village to their practice. The NP will support the team and physicians, both working beside, providing direct care, leading and championing to help ensure each person they care for has the best opportunity for avoiding serious sequalae of life as a person with physical and mental frailties. They will practice so that those who live at Shalom Village can remain at home for care as much as possible, receiving lead practices in both care and comfort each day , and at the end of their days.
The Np will provide expertise and input in all five domains of Advanced Practice Nursing: Clinical Practice, Collaboration, Leadership, Research and Change Agent. As such they will have above all the ability to influence practice , to create respectful and effective relationships with colleagues, team members as well as individuals looking to them for care with clarity and compassion.
• Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner program
• Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class (EC)
• A minimum of 3 – 5 years recent experience with preference given to positions providing care to seniors
• Advanced assessment skills and sound knowledge of clinical therapeutics
• Comprehensive knowledge base and high degree of clinical competence caring for seniors.
In addition, applicants must have demonstrated experience in the following elements of nursing practice:
• Strong leadership ability and highly developed interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage and work collaboratively with an inter-professional team.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt positively to constantly changing situations.
• Effective patient and family counseling skills
• Excellent communication skills, negotiation, and conflict resolution
• Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• High level of initiative and self-direction
• Proficient in computer applications
Job Application Methods
email – email@example.com